Look at how worn down that graphite stick is. I got the set for Christmas. None of the others have eroded quite so dramatically, but they’re getting there. It’s a great reminder of how far I’ve come since I started drawing, writing and sharing my work, only a couple of months ago.
There’s been a lot of milestones along the way. But really, everything that’s happened since is just a sum of tiny habits, executed day by day.
“There’s only one day at a time here, then it’s tonight and then tomorrow will be today again.”
Today was particularly good.
- I finished my first ever paid piece of illustration work, sent it over to the client, and got an extremely positive response.
- Received an incredibly high grade for my behavioural finance coursework (96%) – one I’m equally shocked and happy about!
- Took on another writing assignment
- Enjoyed a glorious run, got my ten minutes of meditation in and – finally – experienced some good weather
- Stopped procrastinating, and put in a solid four hour revision session
I’ve still got a lot of unticked items on my to-do list… But that doesn’t matter. Sometimes it’s enough to take a breath and appreciate what we’ve done.
One day at a time; it’s all we’ve got.
Follow me on Instagram!
We're gonna need a bigger desk. And more coffee. Nearly ready to wrap up for the day. Continuing to prioritise other projects over revision… At least it's a productive form of procrastination? Today: Full body weights session ☑️ then ran a 21.30 min 5K ☑️ got 700 more words done on an upcoming book review/analysis ☑️ finished the draft of a storyboard for a short movie ☑️ potential site redesign plans made ☑️ and some serious admin and scheduling action ☑️